HGA environmental experts can help you minimize obstacles with responsible entity’s (RE’s) and work through NEPA and all Federal laws to ensure environmental compliance. Our experts use their experience to ensure regulatory permit requirements are followed, issue public notifications, submit the request for release of funds and certification, and ensure the Environmental Review Record (ERR) is complete.
HGA’s CDBG-DR environmental services include:
- HUD Tiered Environmental Reviews—Streamlined environmental review process for single-family homeowner recovery programs.
- Release of Funds Process Oversight
- Publish a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI)
- Publish the Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds (NOI/RROF)
- Submit completed (RROF) HUD Form 7015.15: Request for Release of Funds
- File HUD Form 7015.16: Authority to Use Grant Funds (AUGF).
- Determining which level of Environmental Review is required:
- Exempt Activities
- Categorical Exclusions Not Subject to §58.5
- Categorical Exclusions Subject to §58.5
- Environmental Assessments (EA)
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
Experience and Qualifications
- Can conduct and oversee environmental reviews according to the laws set forth in (24 CFR 58.5.) and Statues, Executive Orders, and Regulations Listed at (24 CFR 50.4) and 24 CFR 58.6)
- Has drafted and published Findings of No Significant Impact (FONSI) and Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds (NOI/RROF) following the completion of hundreds of Tier I broad environmental reviews
- Prepared grantees environmental review record (ERR) files to withstand monitoring and audits overseen by HUD.