Whether it’s “just in time” operations support to your Emergency Operations Center or Subject Matter Experts to support Policy Development to jump start your recovery, our response management services identify the proper people and processes to make your recovery program a success. By partnering with HGA professionals, you leverage the experience, expertise, and program workflows necessary to make your program a success.
Emergency Workforce solutions
After a disaster strikes, workforce challenges are a reality you must face, through the support of our staffing groups large candidate database and network of technical professionals, we can identify the right high-quality talent in the wake of any event to support strategic disaster recovery efforts. HGA has a dedicated Staffing Division that identifies and vets qualified staff, ready to deploy. HGA staff deploys to support Emergency Operation Centers (EOCs) before and immediately following events.
Policy Development Support
Rely on HGA experience to create a strategy to help you recover from a disaster faster. Our professionals understand the regulations and will help optimize all resource allocations available from the government.
- Recovery Planning – HGA has the experience working with the federal government to identify projects and matching them to potential funding sources.
- Funds Matching Strategies – Our experts have experience planning for, and leveraging every available funding source to provide local match requirements.
Grant Matching Stategies
HGA has successfully provided grant funds matching services with multiple state and local jurisdictions. With staff experience from co-authoring the first and largest application Globally Matching HMGP with CDBG-DR in response to Katrina, to matching PA funds in the wake of Sandy, our staff has over 10 years of experience of matching funds including HUD CDBG-DR, FEMA HMA, HRSA, Capital Outlay, Nonprofit and FHA to provide our clients with leveraging strategies to build successful outcomes with best use of funds available.
PA Match— HGA recently completed a FEMA PA Match Program for NYS GOSR. There are very few firms that have used CDBG-DR funds to match individual project worksheets (PWs) across multiple applicants for a state agency. The HGA team worked with NYS GOSR on its program that reimburses local applicants (counties, towns, villages, etc.) for the match required and on multiple disasters with different match requirements (some 10% – some 25%).
HMGP Match – The HGA Team has been engaged across Louisiana and New York (combined HGA is supporting approximately $1B in HMGP and CDBG funding), with the majority of the CDBG-DR funding either individually or globally matching FEMA HMGP funds. Example projects include the following:
NYS GOSR Housing Buyouts
- Creative solution proposed by HGA to FEMA to allow for earlier credit of CDBG-DR match funding
- Program savings estimated at more than $100M for NYS GOSR
NYS GOSR Suffolk County Sewer Installation
- Funding for this program includes CDBG-DR, HMGP and EPA state revolving fund
- Total project cost is estimated to be $500M with $40M in CDBG-DR as match
Plaquemines Parish Housing Elevations
- The HGA Team is currently implementing a housing elevation program in Plaquemines Parish for 99 properties matching HMGP and CDBG-DR funding. The total project cost is $22,996,107 with a Homeowner share of $6,829,740, HMGP share of $12,124,775, and CDBG share of $4,041,592.