HGA takes the burden of federal labor compliance regulations off our clients’ shoulders. The Davis-Bacon Act (DBA) requires contractors performing on most federally-funded contracts to pay the local prevailing wages to their employees. Adherence to labor standards laws and regulations is required for most projects funded by CDBG-DR. HGA helps government agencies, developers, and general contractors with these laws and regulations through our labor compliance services. Over the past 10 years we have achieved the following:
- Reviewed more than 250,000 payrolls.
- Provided payroll review services on 550 infrastructure and housing projects.
- Served school boards, developers, state/local agencies, developers, and general contractors.
We offer two different approaches:
- 100% Payroll Review. Under this approach, the responsible party reviews all payrolls (100%) for DBRA compliance. To back this up, they also interview a minimum percentage of employees directly, to ensure that they are actually being paid the amounts reflected in the payrolls, and the associated fringe benefits. Reviewing full payrolls up-front will minimize any findings in case of audit.
- Alternative Hybrid Approach. Under this approach, a predetermined percentage of the payrolls is reviewed, instead of 100%. This approach can be tailored to a high degree to match the circumstances of the work.
HGA can help customers at all levels of government to select and implement the right approach for their projects.