HGA is working with Lafayette Parish Officials, and municipal representatives to identify and develop applications for eligible projects for submission to GOHSEP and FEMA for approval. HGA assisted the LCG, GOHSEP, and FEMA to identify and eliminate potential issues that would delay application approval. HGA also assisted with the development of a non-bias ranking system to identify which projects would be considered. The ranking system criteria included insured properties, BCA, owner-occupied, and SRL, and RL properties. HGA has helped to identify the number and type of eligible projects to be developed to assist in parish-wide mitigation efforts regarding elevation and acquisition projects.
HGA has been tasked with the following:
- Conduct individual and public meetings to educate homeowners and contractors with program requirements and mandates
- Review plans and specifications, constructions details, and elevation certificates
- Conduct pre-mitigation planning to ensure projects are compliant with local building codes
- Interview contractors/subcontractors for proper insurance, qualifications, and financial stability
- Develop a construction package to include a milestone inspection check sheet
- Conduct onsite milestone inspections to ensure necessary compliances regarding program mandates and contractor payment request for reimbursement
- Develop and submit quarterly reports to the LCG and GOHSEP
The HGA Team has compiled an extensive checklist used for all elevations and acquisitions that GOHSEP has reviewed for completeness. Upon completion of the mitigation program, HGA will work in coordination with the LCG and its municipalities to prepare and submit all closeout documents and to deliver all records. This will include the reconciliation and closeout of all project files, the preparation, and submission of all financial reports and requests for reimbursement, and submission of all final progress reports.