HGA is working with Tangipahoa Parish and their engineers on five infrastructure drainage projects:
- Will/Richardson/Watters Beach Road
- Fox Hollow
- Tangi Retention Pond
- Forrest Lane Drainage
- Simms Creek Drainage
Once applications are awarded, HGA has been tasked to assist in the procurement of a project engineer and construction contractors, verifying compliance with federal, state and local bid laws. HGA will play an important role in coordinating with the project engineer to ensure that proposed project activities are in compliance with all funding requirements. HGA will submit all Phase I deliverables for review and approval; develop and maintain project files; review engineering invoices, and build reimbursement packets for all invoices or parish labor approved in Phase I funding.
Once Phase II funding is awarded for an infrastructure project, HGA will work with the project engineer and Parish staff to ensure that contractor procurement follows all federal regulations. Our team is assisting with pre-bid meetings to ensure that any companies wishing to bid on the job have a full and clear understanding of federal requirements and standards. All procurement documents will be maintained in the program files and uploaded to the State LAHM database. HGA has been tasked to:
- Review plans and specifications, constructions details, and elevation certificates
- Conduct pre-mitigation planning to ensure projects are compliant with local building codes
- Interview contractors/subcontractors for proper insurance, qualifications, and financial stability
- Develop a construction package to include a milestone inspection check sheet
- Conduct onsite milestone inspections to ensure necessary compliances regarding program mandates and contractor payment request for reimbursement
- Develop and submit quarterly reports to the LCG and GOHSEP.
The HGA Team is utilizing an extensive checklist for all infrastructure and acquisitions that GOHSEP has reviewed for completeness. Upon completion of the mitigation program, HGA will work in coordination with the Tangipahoa Parish to prepare and submit all closeout documents and to deliver all records. This will include the reconciliation and closeout of all project files, the preparation, and submission of all financial reports and requests for reimbursement, and submission of all final progress reports.