HGA is working with Tensas Levee District and their engineers on pump station improvements. Once applications are awarded, HGA has been tasked to assist in the procurement of a project engineer and construction contractors, verifying compliance with federal, state and local bid laws.
HGA will play an important role in coordinating with the project engineer to ensure that proposed project activities are in compliance with all funding requirements. As required by the project scope, the engineer will provide an H&H Study, Geotechnical Work and Topographical Survey along with final design plans, specifications, and Phase II construction budget. HGA will submit all Phase I deliverables for review and approval. During this time, we will develop and maintain project files, both digital and paper, review and approve engineering invoices based on their scope of work and approved budget and build reimbursement packets for all invoices or parish labor approved in Phase I funding.
Once Phase II funding is awarded for an infrastructure project, HGA will work with the project engineer and Parish staff to ensure that contractor procurement follows all federal regulations. Our team is assisting with pre-bid meetings to ensure that any companies wishing to bid on the job have a full and clear understanding of federal requirements and standards. Once a contractor has been selected and the contract executed, a pre-construction meeting will be held and notice to proceed will be issued to the contractor. All procurement documents will be maintained in the program files and uploaded to the State LAHM database.
HGA has been tasked with the following:
- Review plans and specifications, constructions details, and elevation certificates
- Conduct pre-mitigation planning to ensure projects are compliant with local building codes
- Interview contractors/subcontractors for proper insurance, qualifications, and financial stability
- Develop a construction package to include a milestone inspection check sheet
- Conduct onsite milestone inspections to ensure necessary compliances regarding program mandates and contractor payment request for reimbursement
- Develop and submit quarterly reports to the LCG and GOHSEP.